Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Utah Trip: Cousin Fun!

When I was a kid I spent many Thanksgivings in Utah at my grandma's house with all my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. I have the best memories of Thanksgiving, probably even more so than Christmas! When Spencer and I lived in Idaho when we were first married we spent Thanksgiving in Utah with my grandma, but we haven't done it yet with our kids. Since Owen has a week off of school for Thanksgiving Spencer agreed to make the drive to Utah to spend Thanksgiving week there., of course, was over the moon thrilled with the idea!!
 
Here are my little twins sleeping during the drive. You can see out the window that there was snow on the ground. My kids LOVED seeing the snow and got so excited about the idea of playing in it and sledding. Audrey and Preston have never even seen snow and Owen was too little to remember it.
 We arrived at my Aunt's house in Orem on Sunday night. We tried to get to bed early because we had BIG plans for the next two days. I love how close I am with most of my cousins. It's so fun to get together with them and their families. On this day we met up with Sami, Sheri, and Kim and together we have 10 kids all 5 and under. We went to an indoor trampoline park and everyone, including the adults, (especially the adults!) had a blast!!
 
 
I think Audrey liked this horse more than jumping on the trampolines, but that's just Audrey! 
 I love my cousin Sami. She is a mom of 3 and amazing! The following day she jam packed our day full of fun. I'm not using the term "jammed packed" lightly. Our day was crazy busy, full of fun, from the start to finish. And surprisingly my kids were in good moods the entire day!
Our day started by going to see the movie, Turbo. Then we hit McDonalds for a super healthy lunch....
Following lunch we went into downtown Salt Lake to go to this Children's Museum which was quite spectacular. The following pictures were all taken at the museum. The kids loved playing with all the fun stuff and with each other. We spent several hours playing.
 


Sami's little Claire taking a nap in the doll's bed. Claire is the same age as Preston, but so much smaller! She is like a little doll.
 Of all the different areas to play this construction site was by far Owen and Audrey's favorite, we couldn't tear them away from here. It was just so fun to watch my kids happily play, have my husband there with us, and see all these cousins together.

 

Such an eventful day and full of fun, and if you can believe it, our day wasn't over yet!
More to come......

No comments: