Over the weekend Spencer and I took the kids to the railroad museum to participate in the Day Out with Thomas event. We did this before two years ago and had so much fun we thought we would go again. When we went the first time it was cold and a little rainy, this time around the weather was beautiful; a perfect day to be outside. As soon as we walked up we saw Thomas. The kids enjoyed watching the train drive by. We had tickets for one of the first train rides of the morning, so we loaded the train first thing!
Here we are inside the train enjoying our ride. This was the most exciting part of the day, for both the kids and Spencer and I. We loved it!
After our ride on Thomas there were lots of activities for the kids to do set up all around the museum. I'm not sure what the deal was, but our kids were having an off day. After the super fun train ride, all three kids got a little cranky and didn't enjoy the rest of the activities as much as I would have hoped they would. Not wanting to force the "fun" we visited a few of the activity stations then had a picnic lunch and decided to call it a day.
It's always fun to get out and do new things as a family. We all really enjoyed the train ride and it was so nice to be outdoors I was just hoping that we could have spent the entire day there together. It was all good though, Spencer and I were actually able to talk and enjoy some peace on the drive home since all three kids fell asleep within minutes of heading home. I will take that consolation prize any day!!






No comments:
Post a Comment