Monday, November 4, 2013

Snow Canyon Half

On Friday instead of heading out to do my traditional "Day after Halloween" shopping (yes, that is a thing!) a few friends and I got into my car and drove to St. George to run in the Snow Canyon Half Marathon.
The weekend was an absolute blast! We had a great time driving together just talking and laughing. Shauna, Jennifer, and Nicole are all friends that I don't see as often since we moved so it was SO fun to get to spend a few days with them. One of my new friends, Lisa, also came with us on this crazy adventure, but for some reason I can't find the picture of us....I know we took one! 
 
My cousin, Staci, and her husband, Tyler, were so nice to allow us to stay with them while we were there. The weather was beautiful as was the race course. Beautiful scenery and fresh air and great company. I had a great race, killing my previous PR by almost 5 whole minutes! I came in at 1:40:45. I was extremely happy with my time. I never thought I would break my previous fastest time.

 An added surprise was seeing my friend, Tamarah at the race. I hadn't seen her in years! She moved to Utah several years ago and this was the first time I've seen her since then.
 The weekend went entirely too quickly. I'm grateful for time away to do something that I thoroughly enjoy doing. I'm thankful for friends who share the same passion as I do. I'm grateful for laughs and good times! I'm also thankful for a husband who is willing to stay with the kids so I can have a small getaway. Spencer sent me the following two pictures while I was gone.
 
He took the kids up the hill that overlooks the city to "throw rocks." I love that rock throwing is Spencer's idea of fun with the kids, but he said that they loved it. I also have to chuckle a little bit about Audrey's hat. Spencer can't deal with her hair, so a hat is of course the only solution.  

No comments: