After spending the day at the beach yesterday we stayed at a hotel nearby last night then took the kids to LegoLand today. The kids got free passes after participating in the summer reading program at our library last summer. They have been asking to go for a long time now, so today we finally made it happen!
Any time we stay in a hotel the kids insist on eating breakfast outside on the balcony. After breakfast we packed up and met our friends at LegoLand.
Not only did we meet up with the Duncans again, but the Guerreros came too! The kids were so excited, especially Owen since he loves anytime that he gets to hang out with Jackson. It's so fun that we are all still such great friends even though everyone has since moved in different directions. I'm grateful for my friendships with both Haley and Jill, they are true friends. I know that we will be lifelong friends and the icing on the cake is that all our husbands and kids are all friends too!
Ok, so a little about LegoLand. First of all, Owen is obsessed with legos lately so he loved everything that LegoLand had to offer. He was on cloud nine all day. All the kids had fun and enjoyed the different rides and lego displays.
And now my honest thoughts and opinion: LegoLand is not Disneyland, yet the prices are pretty similar. We were there on a Saturday and the hours were 11am till 5pm. That's 6 hours and an adult ticket was $89. That seems a little pricey for only being open for 6 hours. I'm glad that my kids were both free, but I still don't think we got our moneys worth.
Even though LegoLand is fairly new it seems very run-down an kind of dingy. I wasn't impressed with how it's been taken care of. Once again, its not Disneyland. The rides are catered to one parent and one child. There were very few rides that both kids could ride on together with one parent and pretty much no rides Preston could go on because of height requirements. Even rides that go super slow and don't even have seat belts Preston couldn't ride, I thought that was bizarre. So I pretty much didn't go on anything the entire day.
Audrey is on the ride in the picture above. In the picture below Preston is sitting on an identical car that didn't actually move, it was just a display.
Preston couldn't ride on this boat at LegoLand, but I'm sure if the exact same ride was at Disneyland he could ride on it.
We spent a lot of time looking and playing at the various lego displays. The kids really did enjoy just running around and playing with each other, but we could do that for free at the park....
One of the positive things was that most rides offered a lego play area in the middle of a line. The kids could go in a fenced in area and play while the adults stood in a line that wrapped around where the kids played. I thought this was a genius idea. One of the few positives of the day.
The Darth Vader Lego man was one of the highlights for Owen. He was actually the one who requested that we take this family picture.
We stayed open till close and made the most of what the park had to offer. The three guys were the funniest, they were literally counting down the minutes until we could leave. All in all the kids had a fantastic time and loved every part of it. I was unimpressed, but happy that the kids had fun. Bottom line: I don't think we will be going back to LegoLand.









No comments:
Post a Comment