Friday, December 5, 2014

Advent Day 5

This morning I took the kids to the city center to participate in a city wide Christmas celebration. We've never been before so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it ended up being a really fun activity and the best part was, it was free!!
We got there right at 8:00 because there was a free pancake breakfast. I was pretty impressed by how many people the city was able to feed for free! My kids didn't have much interest in seeing Santa, so we went right on to the crafts. They each got to make a couple of ornaments for our tree as well as put together a sticker scene. 
After the kids were tired of crafting we hit up the hot chocolate bar and cookie station. The kids were so excited to mix together their own hot chocolate and add toppings to it. Once again I was pretty impressed by everything. Preston isn't in this picture because he was obsessed with the cookie table. He couldn't reach the cookies, but he kept hanging out over there because different adults would come over and hand him a cookie, it was pretty funny. I think he managed to get 5 cookies....haha!

No comments: