Owen's Lego Star Wars 7th Birthday Party!
Since he didn't get to have a big birthday party with his friends last year, Owen decided that he wanted to have a Lego Star Wars themed party at a local gymnastics studio this year. This was probably the best venue I've used for a birthday party yet. The place provided all the tables and chairs, but I got to arrange the party room and decorate it however I wanted to. The picture below shows what I came up with. We were also able to bring in any kind of food that we wanted to; most places won't allow that. Then we got to just leave the mess at the end of the party!
First everyone ate a Star Wars themed lunch
Owen had so many friends and family members come to his party. It's always nice to have so many loved ones all in one place.
Hudson, Nate, Owen, and Diego
From right to left: Audrey, Jenna, Asher, Diego, Owen, Nate
Owen Viers, Jackson, and Josh
Jacob, Tagert, Macy, and Owen Viers
After lunch the kids got an hour to play on all the gym equipment. This was such an ideal place to have a boy's birthday party. They all ran around like crazy while listening to music hand-picked by Owen, it was perfect.
Josh, Hudson, Owen, Owen, and Nate
Jackson was the only kid who could climb to the top of this rope.
Only a few girls were "allowed" at Owen's party. Glad Audrey made the cut!
Owen and Jackson. These two are still best buddies even though we don't live close to them any more. They really are the cutest little friends.
After playtime it was time to cut the cake and open presents.
All the kids got to take one of these bubble light sabers home after the party was over.
The party was a great success! I think everyone had a great time, especially the birthday boy. Owen's actual birthday is still another week away, so I'm going to enjoy him being 6 for just a few days longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment