Audrey turned three on March 14th. The first 3 pictures are her three year old pictures and the last one is a picture I took recently that I just adore! I try to do an up-date on my children every year around their birthday so I need to get this done before Audrey gets any closer to turning 4!!
Our little princess sure looks sweet in all these photos. She really is a beautiful little girl and I love how these pictures of her turned out. I will treasure them always.
Audrey, Audrey, Audrey...what can I say?
Well to be perfectly honest three years old wasn't the magical ending to the terrible twos I was hoping for. Audrey is a little spitfire and keeps us on our toes on a daily basis. She can be incredibly stubborn and sassy and sometimes just flat out mean! She knows what she wants and will do anything to get her way. She has tantrums that can last for an hour and at least three meltdowns a day, and don't even get me started when it comes to putting on her clothes and shoes....she has to do it HERSELF!! Audrey doesn't like to share and still hasn't accepted the fact that baby Preston is here to stay. She can scream like no other and has no problem putting her older brother in his place. She is definitely the ruler of our house, or as Spencer likes to say: She's the alpha-dog. She is a challenge at times, but she sure does make our lives interesting, you never know what you're going to get with our little Audrey girl!
Now with all that being said Audrey has her moments of pure perfection and all things sweet. She is by far my best cuddler and loves to give hugs and kisses to her mom and dad. Audrey loves Owen and the two of them really do play well together (most of the time). Owen is Audrey's best friend, she is lost without him. Audrey is mommy's little helper and will pretty much do anything I ask her to when I catch her in a good mood. She loves helping me in the kitchen and she's the best grocery store shopping buddy I could ever ask for! I even took Audrey back-to-school shopping for Owen and she LOVED helping choosing things for her brother, not caring that we didn't buy her anything. There are times when she will come up to me and give me a hug and tell me that she loves me for no reason. She's independent in all aspects and I think that's a good thing. Audrey is very smart too. She knows all of her numbers up to 10 and can do simple addition better than her older brother even. Audrey knows all her colors and shapes, even the hard ones like pentagon. She recognizes some letters and shows interest in learning to write. I know we have our difficult moments with this little girl, but I think her strong personality is going to be a benefit to her as she gets older. We love her so much and know that our lives would be so boring without her. I know when I am older I will look at back on this time, that right now seems a little bit difficult, and think it was the best time ever with my daughter.
Some of Audrey's favorites right now are:
-La La Loopsy, Ariel, Tinkerbell, Cinderella, and is obsessed with Doc McStuffins. She also like to watch Bubble Guppies.
-Coloring, painting, using markers, and pretty much any art/craft project we give her. She is crazy about these "jewel" projects she gets to do with her grandma Diane.
-Apple juice, ice cream, chocolate chip cookies and pretty much anything I give her to eat. She's not picky.
-Helping mommy in the kitchen. Loves to stir and help frost cupcakes & cookies.
-Playing with Owen with Legos, with their play kitchen, and games.
-Audrey is extremely coordinated and enjoys riding her bike and playing outside.
-Pink, purple, and yellow are the colors of choice at the moment
-Audrey likes to wear dresses and getting her hair combed...I trained her well...ha ha!
-Current obsession is having her nails painted
-Has a lively imagination and loves playing with her stuffed animals and ponies.
-Has the sweetest laugh and most adorable smile. Of all 3 of my children she is the easiest to get a picture of.
-Enjoys reading books and going to the library. She recently started going to story time with Owen and absolutely loves it!
-Seriously has no fear and isn't afraid to try new things. Not sure if that is good or bad yet?!
Audrey, we love you and know that you are a perfect addition to our family! We understand that you have to be tough to be in the middle of two boys. You are an amazing spirit and wonderful little girl. I am so happy that I get to be your mom!




No comments:
Post a Comment