I had a great Mother's Day this year. Spencer surprised me Saturday morning with a sweet card where he wrote that he was taking the kids all day so I could go and do whatever I wanted. I was so excited, yet had no idea what to do with a day to myself! I called up my mom and we met up for a day of shopping and lunch. It was a perfect day....exactly what I wanted and needed. I don't remember the last time I went shopping for clothes for me and actually enjoyed myself.
Then Sunday morning Spencer let me take advantage of having church at 1:00 and let me sleep in while he got up with the kids. Spencer and his "helpers" surprised me with a yummy breakfast and a gift card to get a massage. I was thrilled and felt so special and loved. The best part was, I didn't even have to clean up after we all ate!!
After church my mother's day was over and it was time to celebrate our mother's. My mom and Allison (both Cody and my dad were gone to Montana) and Spencer's parents came over for dinner. I actually cooked dinner and I think it came out pretty good! Then we gave our mom's and the mom to be some gifts from us and the kids. It really was a nice way to end such a fun weekend!
I have to give Spencer some mad props this year!! Him just taking full responsibility for the kids for the entire weekend was the best gift ever! Love you Spence!

No comments:
Post a Comment