Friday, May 24, 2013

Preschool Promotion

When we moved back in September it was more challenging than I had anticipated finding a preschool for Owen. For the first six weeks after we moved I continued to drive Owen to Moreno Valley twice a week for school. It wasn't terrible since Audrey, Preston, and I would hang out with friends while Owen was at school, but it really wasn't the ideal school situation.
My mom and I did a ton of research (remember we were still living with her at that time) and then she finally suggested that maybe Owen should go to the same preschool I went to. I called the school and set up a tour. Within a few minutes of meeting the director and touring the school I knew this was the right place for Owen. Lucky for us there was an opening in the Tues/Thurs pre-kindergarten class, and another huge plus was that is was in our price-range!
Owen started at First Presbyterian Preschool the first week in November 2012. Since the school was Christian based Owen also got some religious instruction which I appreciated especially at Christmas and Easter. Although, not our religion, he learned about Jesus and his love for all of his children, which was perfect. Owen was a little confused about the prayers they said before snack each day, and asked us why they held hands and didn't say, "dear Heavenly Father" but after discussing it with him he decided that it would be okay for him to participate in a "different" prayer.
Owen LOVED going to school and on his days off he would often request to go to school. I think part of what made it so fun was that Owen's class was ALL boys! Just by coincidence. This picture below is Owen with his teacher Mrs. Patton. Sadly Mrs. Patton left school a month early, so Owen had a different teacher the last 5 weeks of school. he didn't really seem to mind though.

Yesterday was Owen's last day of preschool!! I can't believe it!! Kindergarten is just around the corner. I took all the kids outside before heading to Owen's Promotion to take some pictures to remember this special day.
Here's Owen ready for his big day!
Just a cute pic of Audrey I wanted to share
And another cute one of Preston
All three of my cuties being a tiny bit silly!
I was a little sad that the kids didn't wear cute little graduation caps, but they were all adorable anyway. The kids sang some songs and each got to say their name into the microphone. It was absolutely adorable and I loved it. I guess I should admit that I even got a little teary-eyed. My baby is growing up!! Owen did a great job standing up in front of everyone performing the songs.

Owen with his replacement teacher, Mrs. Corral.
After we watched the kids perform there were treats and drinks in the multi-purpose room for all the kids and their families. Here is Owen with his best little buddy, Caleb. Owen would always tell me about Caleb and what they did together at school so it was fun to actually see the two of them together.
It was a fun morning and a special day for our little big boy. We love you Owen and are so incredibly proud of you! You are such a good kid!!

No comments: