Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Audrey's Special Day

A few weeks ago I took Owen to Disneyland all by himself. I promised Audrey that I would do the same for her once she could go on the potty for an entire week without any accidents. Since we were already past the worst of the potty-training Audrey was able to go an entire week pretty quickly. So yesterday I made good on my promise and took Audrey to Disneyland without her brothers. I had a great time with my little princess and it was good for Audrey to enjoy a "reward" for being such a big girl and using the potty.
Audrey received several new princess dress-ups for her birthday and I thought she might want to wear one of them on her special day, but Minnie Mouse is still her favorite so I did my best to dress her like the girlie mouse. We had a great time doing all the "girlie" things Disney has to offer that Owen would NEVER allow us to do!
We visited the new Fantasy Fare, which is pretty much AMAZING! If you've never been you have to check it out. We've seen both the princess shows (Beauty & the Beast and Rapunzel) and they are both equally good, and quite entertaining. This is also where you get the chance to go inside the castle and meet 3 Princesses at once!! Audrey was thrilled to see the pretty princesses and I was impressed at how sweet they were with my little girl and how much time they each spent with us. It was adorable...I think I may have enjoyed it just as much as my daughter! 
 
Cinderella, who was gorgeous by the way and so sweet.
As far as Princesses go, Ariel is number one in Audrey's book, so she was so excited when we turned the corner in the castle and saw Ariel standing there! Audrey is still hopeful that one time we will get to meet Ariel the Mermaid, but Ariel the Princess was good enough for her this time. Does anyone know if meeting the mermaid is even a possibility?
Doing twirls with Princess Aurora.
Aside from Minnie Mouse, Tinkerbell and the fairies are Audrey's absolute favorite. She has been wanting to go to Pixie Hollow for awhile now to meet the fairies and today I'm so happy I was able to make that dream come true for her. The Princesses were fun and exciting, but Audrey was SUPER excited about meeting the fairies!
 
Audrey and Silver Mist
My little girl couldn't get enough of Tinkerbell. She loved talking to her and giving her hugs and Tinkerbell was pretty fantastic. (I really do love Disneyland and all the magic there!!) When it was time to leave Pixie Hollow Audrey cried. She was so sad that she didn't get to meet ALL the fairies....maybe next time!

At the end of the day we finally saw Minnie Mouse!! It was the perfect ending to a pretty perfect day.

1 comment: