Sunday, May 5, 2013

Renaissance Faire

I've always heard about the Renaissance Faire and have always wondered what it was all about, but have never made the effort to go. When my friend Kelly said that she had free tickets and asked if we would like to go I immediately thought that it would be something fun to do with the family so I accepted her invite. Yesterday we packed up the kids and went to the Renaissance Faire!!
Well let's just say that I'm glad we got free tickets and I'm glad that we went with fun friends, because the Renaissance Faire just isn't that exciting. The place was dirty and full of drunk people, not to mention everything was super expensive. No, we did not dress up, but it was fun to see other people dressed up. My kids didn't seem to notice the lack of excitement, and I think they actually had a good time. There was a kids area that was free, (the only free thing there) which is where we ended up spending the majority of our time.
 
Owen doing an art project at the kids craft area. He still has his rubbed image hanging in his room.
The most popular craft for the kids was the rag-doll station. All 8 of the kids in our group made a rag-doll. Audrey especially loved it.
And not just the kids made a doll.....
I'm not in to horses, but my daughter sure is!! She loved these mini-horses and just wanted to love and hug them. They were pretty smelly if you ask me!! Then again the whole place smelled pretty funky!

Preston pretty much hung out in the stroller the entire time, but he didn't really seem to mind. P.S. I made Spencer give him a hair-cut after I saw this picture of him looking all shaggy!
The highlight of the trip was spending $5 to shoot some arrows. Between Spencer, the kids, and I we each got to shoot 3 arrows. It was actually a lot of fun, but not fun enough for each person to shoot 12 arrows!! If we wanted to spend a ton of money we might have enjoyed the Renaissance Faire a little bit more.....I seriously couldn't believe how much everything cost and a ticket to just get in the door wasn't cheap!! I'm telling you, the place is a rip-off, don't go unless you have free tickets....even then, you still might not want to go!!
Overall it was still fun to hang out with friends and watch funny people. Would I go again? Never. Not in a million years. I can check "Renaissance Faire" off the life-list.

No comments: