Impossible!
I bought my children these outfits back in February knowing that I would try and get a picture of all three of them together after Preston was born. I always have these fantasies that I am going to get my kids all dressed up in adorable coordinating outfits and then they will all sit still for me and smile right at the camera...ummmm, like I said, a fantasy.
I attempted to take all three kids to get their pictures taken when Preston was about a week old all by myself and it was a disaster!! To briefly sum up that experience: I was a sweaty mess within 5 minutes, Preston was screaming his head off, Audrey was running around the studio refusing to sit, and even Owen wasn't in the mood to smile at the camera. After trying to shove as many fruit snacks down my kid's throats and reassure myself that I wasn't THAT crazy mom I gave up. I apologized to the photographer for wasting her time and as quickly as possible herded my children out of that place.
You would think that my first experience would have deterred me from trying again....but it didn't. I couldn't let their cute outfits go to waste after all!! This time I scheduled an appointment on a Saturday so I could bring Spencer with me as backup. (Let me tell you how thrilled he was about that!!) Of course we went to a different photo studio...it will be awhile before I show my face at the first place again!! Lucky for me the kids were all in great moods and we were able to get a good picture on the first try (see above photo.) About 10 seconds later the picture below happened, so Spencer swiftly stepped in and took the older two away.
With Spencer distracting Owen and Audrey I was able to get some precious shots of my little sweetheart. These were my two favorite. Preston is 10 days old in these photos, so adorable!!
Even though Spencer swears we never need another picture of all three kids together I know we will be doing the whole thing over again at Christmas time. I guess maybe I am a little bit crazy when it comes to getting cute pictures!




1 comment:
SO funny! I just took my kids as well and it was HORRIBLE. I was almost in tears, without Ned, and said I wouldn't do it again without him or SOMEONE for backup. IT was crazy, but they did ok (getting ready to post mine too actually). Good for you MOM OF 3 you are doing it!!
Post a Comment